Looking for a vegan/vegetarian substitute for sandwhich salads? Any hummus-lover always has cans of garbanzo beans in stock, so here’s a yummy light lunch alternative to the usual:
Chickpea Salad Sammiches from The Post Punk Kitchen
- 1, 15oz can of garbanzo beans; drain, rinse
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1 medium carrot; finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery; finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp onion flakes, or fresh chopped onion (I like purple for some added color!)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mash up those chickpeans in a bowl (do not puree, retain some texture). I suggest doubling this recipe – it is that good.
- Mix in the mayo
- Mix in the veggies and onion
- Add in salt and pepper to taste
This can be served on sandwiches with tomato and lettuce. I had mine plain, open-faced. Or, serve it up at a party with pita chips/bread, crackers or some other warm sliced bread! Fast, easy and travels well – that’s an A+ recipe in my book!